Saturday, January 2, 2016

new beginnings

With each new year, both the sentimental and the goal-setting/ driven parts of me come out in wild proportions. I already reflected on 2015, so now it's time to focus on the year to come.

I'm an extremely goal-oriented person, so I'm constantly making lists of things I want to achieve. In the past, I've fallen into the American trap of making New Years Resolutions that are large and awesome but entirely unrealistic. For me, it's really discouraging to have to give up or know that I'm stretching myself too thin. This year I want goals that are big but attainable so 2016 can be about giving my all. I'm going to have a few large goals for the whole year, but I'm also going to taper a few smaller goals to each month based on what I'm dealing with/ how I'm feeing/ what I'm doing.

My 2016 goals are:
-Visit and explore a new city (I'm hoping for Portland)
-Work my butt of during the college application process, and find a school that is right for me
-Focus energy on quality blog content

My January goals are:
-No soda and drink a whole Nalgene of water each day
-Run at least 15 miles per week
-Keep room clean/ clean it a little every day

I don't have anything really drastic, but I'm just trying to focus my energy a little more positively! I'm thinking about sharing my new monthly goals when I do my playlist post each month.

What are you looking to achieve in 2016?


much love,
claire
outfitsandobservations@gmail.com

1 comment: