Saturday, October 31, 2015

what I'm loving

If you know me at all, you know I love laughing and rambling about the things I love. Over the summer, I made an all time favorites post and talked about my favorite books, but I want to start sharing the things I'm obsessing over on a regular basis. Hopefully some of you guys will take my word and listen to/ watch/ read/ try my favorites. Be sure to tell me yours as well!

Halsey- Badlands has been on repeat since it came out in late August, and I was playing Room 93 all summer. Halsey is one of the best people alive; she's crazy intelligent, but she also isn't afraid to be completely vulnerable and honest about sex in her music. I highly recommend you read this essay (on page 41 of the link) she wrote for Local Wolves about her goals and what she thinks of feminism. Also, do yourself a favor and listen to "Coming Down," "Hurricane," "Young God," and the rest of her music.
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald- I recently read this classic and adored it! Fitzgerald's style is enough on its own, but the story and characters were also so powerful. When I read Catcher in the Rye, I didn't relate to it the way so many people do; I think This Side of Paradise is my favorite coming-of-age via angst tale. I related to the angst and Amory's struggle to figure out who he is and what his flaws are. Please, please, please read this book!
30 Rock- I'm almost finished watching all seven seasons of Tina Fey's masterpiece for the second time. This is quite possibly the funniest show ever produced; the characters are phenomenal, the jokes vary to satisfy both my seven-year-old boy humor and my (semi) intelligent humor, and it's set in New York City. Sometimes I relate way too much to Liz Lemon, but that's okay.
Leather Jacket- I've been breaking out my moto jacket from Free People a lot recently because it makes everything I wear look five times cooler. Mainly, I've been pairing it with my various black dresses and ankle boots/ Docs, but I also love it with the simple jeans and a plain tee look.
Almost Famous- There are way too many good things about this movie. The story line is a dream; a shy teenage boy, passionate about rock music and journalism, accompanies a band on tour to write a story for Rolling Stones. In the process, he gets close to the band and falls in love with one of their groupies, a stunning young Kate Hudson. On this journey, he's also forced to acknowledge the flaws of his heroes and grows immensely. It's set in the early 70s, with the flowing fashion and growing rock scene .

Do yourself a favor and check out these wonderful things!!


love,
claire
outfitsandobservations@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete